Cloud Security Engineer ( 583104-1G )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services.
As a member of Verizon’s Platform Security organization, you will support the team in its goals of embracing cloud based technologies across multiple providers (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle OCI, Google GCP, etc.) supporting differing service implementations (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS). Cloud Security Operations team requires security skilled staff to support the demands of the business and to care for our customer base.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you will be a key contributor in information security, problem solving and relationship management to lead internal programs aimed at: achieving certification and attestation of multi-cloud platforms against Verizon security policies, industry standards and regulations, and government regulations, identifying and mitigating security risks in our cloud deployments; ensuring security alignment to corporate policies; and balancing security requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. In this role you will gain valuable experience and insight in protecting Verizon’s multiple cloud environments and will be at the heart of guarding our data and applications against advanced threat adversaries.
- Analyze & understand security risks across multi cloud platform and services.
- Partner with peers for developing security controls across various cloud services.
- Implement continuous monitoring solutions via different SaaS tools.
- Investigate security alerts and work with partner to drive remediation.
- Implement automation by leverage SaaS tools API to support security operations.
- Stay current on cloud security policies, standards, regulations making recommendations for the company.
- Work closely and collaboratively with application teams, Information Security Officers (ISOs), IT Portfolios, and Business units to support their needs.
- Perform quarterly audits for policy and users across SaaS tools.
- Manage Various SaaS tools for Security operations including Onboarding cloud accounts, User Management, Policy Management including creation of custom policies & triggering policies, Reporting, License and Cost Management.
- Track and report on the status of cloud security risks to corporate/industry requirements.
- Partner with enterprise teams to establish preventative controls to support security needs via automation.
- Maintain awareness of cloud security incidents in the external community to identify threats and opportunities for enhancement.
- Apply those learnings to Cloud Security Operations program and associated solutions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Public Cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc)
Even better if you have:
- Experience in DevOps tools (Jenkins, Jira, Git lab); OS platform (Linux, CentOS); development language (Java, Python).
- Experience in Security, Compliance and Risk Management, IT Audit, etc.
- Experience with Python and APIs.
- Familiarity of multi-cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI, etc.) to be able to identify and prioritize potential security challenges.
- Experience with cloud services such as IAM, compute (i.e. EC2, GCE), storage (volume/object), networking (VPC, VCN. Load Balancers, Security Groups/List), etc.
- Experience with Security Compliance Skills includingCSA, NIST, CIS, PCI DSS, etc.
- Cloud Security Continuous Monitoring Solutions.
- Experience in administration/management of continuous monitoring solutions.
- Account Management: adding/removing cloud accounts.
- Signature Management: tuning of signatures, deployment of custom signatures.
- Manage continuous monitoring vendors to deliver on the needs of the business.
- Experience with Git Lab, Jenkins, Ansible, JIRA, Confluence andin agile development methodologies.
- AWS Associate or Professional certification or a willingness to obtain within 6 months.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).