Mobile Security Architect ( 583735-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Product Security Team ensures security by design product engineering and architecture for both consumer and business products. As a Mobile Security Architect, you will work to conduct security assessments on both Consumer and Business products and solutions. You will help to create, define, and implement security controls and tooling in conjunction with product development teams and product owners. You will manage multiple projects with a degree of impact and complexity that must be carefully controlled to support the internal business unit security requirements.
You will also work in conjunction with security stakeholders in other areas of the business and make decisions and help lead initiatives to ensure timely delivery of security solutions that support business objectives. You will also manage work that involves coordination with multiple organizations and is the focal point within the group.
- Performing risk assessment on Mobile platforms (build threat models, design reviews, document mitigation techniques, apply security design patterns, etc.)
- Providing guidance to product teams on security requirements and controls for Mobile applications.
- Helping engineering teams with architecture design review and code flow improvement for sensitive paths.
- Helping to integrate test plans and vulnerabilities assessment tools.
- Developing anti-tamper protection and detections methods for mobile security threats for Android and iOS (analyze device telemetry data to detect attacks and identify anomalies)
- Researching and guiding on changes in mobile platforms, threats, and attacks.
- Working cross-functionally with mobile client and cloud development teams.
- Applying cryptographic primitives and protocols for authentication & data protection.
- Implementing security modules and code snippets.
- Training and coaching engineering teams with security best practices and standards for mobile platforms.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- A background in software engineering with a deep passion for protecting against and hunting for mobile threats.
- Experience with software development using iOS/Android platforms (developing, debugging, testing and deploying).
- Programming skills in C++/C, Java/Kotlin, Scala, Objective-C or other languages and the ability to solve complex operational issues.
- Good knowledge of cryptographic Algorithms PKI, authentication protocols, transport layer security, OID, OAuth, SAML, etc.
- An excellent communication, organizational, and experience translating business goals into technical security deliverables.
- Experience with Obfuscation techniques, Reverse Engineering and Tamper Resistant software development.
- Experience with performing Security Testing and Penetration Testing techniques on Mobile platform.
- Experience with Content Security technologies like DRM/Conditional Access.
- Understanding of Trusted Execution Environment and Secure Boot Process.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).