Intern - IS Cyber Security (R459376)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, Stryker is encouraging US employees as well as all new US employees joining our company to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Today or in the future, vaccination may be a requirement based on the essential functions of the specific role or applicable regulations. Please refer to our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements and timelines.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who we want
- Challengers. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
- Teammates. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts, and work together to move the business forward.
- Charismatic networkers. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
- Strategic thinkers. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
- Customer-oriented achievers. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude, who bring value to their partnerships.
- Game changers. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker IS interns will get to:
- Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting
- Be a part of an innovative team and culture
- Experience documenting complex processes and presenting them in a clear format
- Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills
The Cyber Security, Cyber Risk and IT Compliance team is responsible for managing the security and cyber risk at Stryker. As an intern in CCI, you will have the opportunity to align to your professional development goals through an immersive on-the-job experience in one or more of the following areas.
We are seeking an intellectually curious candidate to support our CCI team, where you will work on projects related to:
- Cyber Security Operations
- Cyber Risk Management
- IT Compliance
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review documentation for policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
· Identify areas for improvement in security processes and work with team members to mitigate those areas.
· Assist with the deployment and upkeep of the information security department’s Connect content.
· Aid with daily operational assignments to CCI members.
· Assist with forensics analysis and fact gathering as required by CCI members.
· Assist with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing for specific applications, services, networks and servers as required.
· Apply good security practices in all work.
· Document cyber risk opportunities to aid in the mitigation of these cyber risks.
· Work across CCI functions and assist with assignments as required by CCI members.
Majors Targeted: Computer Science/Cyber Security or related field.
What You Need
• Currently working on completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan to be enrolled in a degree-seeking program with at least one full semester of classes upon completion of the internship.
• Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require employment-based sponsorship now or in the future.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Ability to exercise independent judgment
• Basic understanding of computer networking technology
• Experience with process mapping
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. Stryker takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest Engineers to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward.
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an IS intern at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products.
Stryker has enjoyed a strong (30+ year) record of earnings growth which has allowed us to invest in resources and innovation opportunities, employee rewards, community and charitable causes. This kind of organizational growth has created significant career development pathways and leadership development opportunities. We are particularly proud that Stryker has received the Gallup Global Workplace Award, recognizing us as one of the most highly engaged and productive companies in the world, and since 2012 has been on FORTUNE Magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in the United States (ranked 8th overall in 2020).
Check out our intern blog: http://strykerinterns.wordpress.com
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com