Linux Security Engineer ( 578986-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Corporate Information Security (CIS) organization securely enables the business by protecting assets and information across Verizon networks, infrastructure and applications. CIS integrates cybersecurity governance, policies, technologies and operations across Verizon, and works to incorporate security into the design of technology systems and services. Privileged Access Management Team under the Security I&AM department within CIS, provides enterprise level solutions for protecting the corporation's privileged access credentials and access to sensitive data.
- Supporting an enterprise scale implementation of PowerBroker for UNIX privileged access management.
- Providing infrastructure and application operational support for Privileged Access Management tools such as PowerBroker both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Troubleshooting system and application account issues and ensuring seamless user experience and high availability.
- Providing cross-team communication and functions that could also include automation and process improvement efforts.
Where you’ll be working…
This is a work from home role with occasional in-person meetings and training.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Strong Unix/Linux Administration experience.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- PowerBroker experience.
- Privileged Access Management knowledge.
- PostgreSQL DBA experience.
- Python and/or C for UNIX.
- Experience with LDAP/Directory Services technologies.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).