SOC Security Architect ( 585985-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Threat Management Center (TMC) is a unified, intelligence-focused organization that enables integrated threat management and includes cohesive efforts to prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from cyber-attacks. By providing awareness, indications, warnings, and operational readiness, the TMC protects the VZ brand, business operations, technology infrastructure and client trust against cyber threats.
As the Senior Principal, Threat Intel, you will report directly to the Director of the Threat Management Center (TMC). In this role you will support the TMC in understanding the current threat landscape, the impact it has within Verizon, and assist in developing a proactive, comprehensive, manageable, and enforceable method to remove/reduce risks and threats. The Sr. Principal will need to understand and navigate complex scenarios with the goal of increasing Verizon’s security posture and driving change and innovation within the TMC. Senior Principals are considered thought leaders and should be willing to mentor and advise others, as well as have the ability to drive operational and strategic growth of the organization.
- Drive transformational activities to achieve the goals and objectives of Threat Management Center.
- Evaluate and recommend new processes and technology to enhance efficiencies and build capabilities across the team.
- Develop strategy for future cyber defense tools, techniques, policies and procedures relative to the changing threat environment.
- Team with Cyber Security peers across multiple business units to ensure common tools and techniques are properly utilized for cyber defense and cyber threat intelligence.
- Assist in the development of policy and procedures for cyber defense activities during daily operations and incident response situations.
- Participate in developing and facilitating cyber exercises that prepare cybersecurity specialists to perform duties as assigned.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a metrics program that shows the effectiveness of cyber defensive capabilities leveraging accepted standards (VERIS, Cyber Kill Chain, etc.).
- Ensuring all processes and access are in line with corporate policies.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing an information security, Cyber Defense and/or Security Operations Center.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in information security, cyber defense, and incident response.
- Capability to engage and provide senior level communications to all levels and functions within the company.
- Up to date knowledge of current and emerging security threats and techniques for exploiting security vulnerabilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate diverse groups, help negotiate priorities, and resolve conflicts among project partners.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in implementing leading-edge technology.
- Experience in managing information security / cyber defense functions.
- An understanding of information technology security operations requirements within a commercial industry environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build security operations capabilities as well as manage a security operations team.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and program management skills and demonstrated ability to develop new information security competencies/capabilities.
- Implemented change management practices that drive changes that result in better practices and effectiveness of an organization.
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills with the proven ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and handle multiple priorities and challenging situations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).