Cyber Security Engineer - Lead ( R-00073247 )
Leidos is seeking to hire a Cyber Security Engineer Lead to provide support to the Department of Transportation's Enterprise IT Infrastructure environment. Our work will assist with the management of IT services for the Chief Information Officer (CIO) including: Service Desk, Incident Management, Customer Service Operations, Database Administration, Telephone & Conference Call Services, Desktop Support, Mobile Device Support, and Remote Access Support. This position provides technical leadership for the Security Operations Center (SOC) team at the Department of Transportation (DoT) Enterprise Information Technology Support Services (EITSS) program.
· Communicate and ensure compliance with NIST Cyber Security and Risk Management Framework to ensure accreditation, confidentiality, availability and integrity of information systems.
· Provide strategic and tactical security guidance for IT Security projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls.
· Direct and manage IT Security Incident identification and response efforts.
· Monitor and administer Enterprise IT Security policies, maintain IT Security procedures, daily operating checklist, drive process improvements, and continuous security monitoring.
· Manage the day-to-day Cyber Security activities of threat and vulnerability management, security awareness, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual risk including vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, and insider threats.
· Bachelors degree in Information Technology or related field.
· Proficiency in process of gathering analyzing and assessing the current and future threat landscape, performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, and in defining remediation and treatment strategies.
· 8+ years of certification & accreditation experience with NIST Cyber Security framework.
· 8+ years Security Testing & Evaluation auditing, risk assessment, policy and procedure development.
· 8+ years in Government contracting environment.
· Strong leadership skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the Infrastructure and Applications teams, establish direction, foster teamwork, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, encourage dialogue, and encourage improvement and innovation.
· CISSP (REQUIRED---- Will NOT be considered with the full cert) Skills preferred: BS, in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field ITIL v3 foundation certification CISMPay Range: