Security Operations Analyst ( 588953-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As part of the Verizon Security Assistance Team (VSAT) the Analyst-Security Operations handles the Legal Compliance function within Verizon. Required to decipher legal documents and answer legal requests for Verizon records, the analyst ensures timely and accurate compliance with subpoenas, court orders, search warrants, and special computer searches. Information gathered and provided is frequently used for company proprietary information, e.g., subscriber, usage, credit and employee information. This assistance could possibly include associated expert witness testimony in court in response to Federal and State law enforcement agencies or civil proceedings.
- Respond to requests and legal demands for assistance by law enforcement and attorneys.
- Retrieve company records and analyze data pursuant to legal documents.
- Verify the validity of the legal demand, and the legal document allows for release of the requested records while ensuring all policies and procedures are followed.
- Handle incoming calls and provide assistance.
- Respond to inquiries and demands made by attorneys, prosecutors and other law enforcement personnel.
- Provide guidance to other departments on matters relating to the release of company records.
- Act as liaison between the company and the law enforcement community.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience
- One or more years of experience in landline or wireless in areas of legal or customer service.
- Knowledge of call processing.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of legacy landline and wireless systems. Primarily: ACSS, iVision, MARS, CoFEE and BARS.
- Knowledge of Verizon network and call processing.
- Paralegal certification.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and matters.
- Self-starter with the ability to make independent decisions and the judgment to know when to seek guidance.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and process high volumes of work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills.
- Ability to read and understand legal documents.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).