Security Vetting Administrator ( R-00074165 )
DescriptionJob Description:Security Vetting Administrator
Salary Range: £22,200 - £26,150 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessmentAre you ready to unleash your potential?..
We are in search of a Security Vetting Administrator to join our team.
This opportunity is a remote working role and as a core member of the security team, you will play a valuable part in supporting and executing a wide range of tasks.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the security helpdesk inbox and phone on a rota basis between 9am and 5pm Mon-Fri to provide timely 1st line security support, escalating queries that require specialist security support to the Security Service Centre Lead
- Provide recruitment advice to Human Resources and hiring managers regarding security related issues such as clearance eligibility, immigration status and right to work legislation
- Process pre-employment screening checks against the Cabinet Office Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
- Process applications for National Security Vetting
- Monitor employees’ Security and Immigration status, ensuring validity and facilitating renewals
- Perform vetting after care responsibilities such as supporting the completion of Change of Personal Circumstance, Annual Security Appraisal Forms and Aftercare Incident Reports
- Support visitor management processes for incoming and outgoing visits, including international visits
- Operate centralised security systems:
- Automated Access Control Systems (AACS)
- Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Security databases
- Produce and issue company badging
- Apply for and track Security passes Customer and other 3rd party establishments
- Support the Security Induction Process and other security education and awareness initiatives
- Deliver travel briefs for international travellers
- Process leavers from the business in line with security processes
- Maintain accurate security records within SharePoint
- Correctly adopt processes to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018
- Operate with discretion at all times
- Previous security vetting experience
- Knowledge of UK clearance processes
- Ability to meet deadlines whilst multitasking
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role SC
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Pay Range: