Security Operations Analyst ( 589345-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Security Control Center (SCC) is part of the Corporate Security Centralized Operations team which falls under the Public Policy, Law and Security organization. The SCC is a 24/7/365 security operation that provides specialized customer service assistance on behalf of the Verizon Corporate Security Team.
The Security Hotline– This includes handling inbound and outbound calls/referrals for a variety of Verizon security related issues, domestic and international, for Verizon and Verizon Wireless. SCC Analysts are the voice of Security to Verizon employees and prepare initial reports, including situational awareness reports, for various Corporate Security teams up to, and including the Chief Security Officer (CSO). The SCC is the initial reporting vehicle for allegations of fraud and abuse, including reports of Cyber Incidents and Privacy violations. The SCC is the single point of contact for all Verizon Security issues and personnel.
Law Enforcement Assistance Line – This includes providing assistance to law enforcement for all Emergency/Life Threatening situations. The SCC deals with sensitive situations affecting Verizon, Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) and 911 Public Service Answering Points (PSAP) on a national scale. Analysts must be able to process orders to trap and trace life-threatening or annoying telephone calls through receipt of proper legal request.
* Shifts include overnight and weekends. Shifts are determined by bids and seniority in the department. Your days off might not be consecutive and your bid and seniority will likely place you in the evening/overnight shift. Shifts may change based on needs of the business. You will be required to work voluntary or mandatory overtime and a minimum of 2 national holidays to ensure 24x7x365 coverage. Additionally this team is classified as a hybrid team where there will be assigned “work from the office” days.
- Monitoring, responding, and supporting the 24/7/365 Security Central Desk function for entire Verizon (wireline and wireless) footprint.
- Monitoring various Security related email boxes investigating and responding to customer and employee questions, concerns and allegations of violations of the Code of Conduct and the law.
- Assisting LE and 911 Public Service Answering Points (PSAP) with emergency call traces and other exigent issues
- Handling calls from Law Enforcement Agencies and government agencies into Verizon’s Crisis Response Team and assisting with obtaining emergency telecommunications services following disasters.
- Assisting end-user customer and law enforcement in resolving unlawful call cases and providing information on products that can help mitigate unlawful calls.
- Monitoring, reviewing, and gathering intelligence information from Dataminr database Alerts to determine possible impact to Verizon assets and using the information to take the appropriate next steps.
- Following established processes and procedures in the release of customer information to Law Enforcement Agencies including non-published numbers in emergency life threatening situations.
- Applying critical thinking skills to complex problems and providing internal and external customers with practical solutions to these problems.
- Handling legal requests made by Law Enforcement (local, state and federal).
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Experience working in customer service.
- Willingness to work extended hours, overtime, when required.
- Willingness to perform shift-work (nights, weekends and holidays).
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Capability to make critical, independent decisions in unpredictable and emergency situations.
- Computer skills, including a working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe PDF files, G Suite, G Mail, G Drive, Slack, Blue Jeans.
- Knowledge of Verizon Corporate structure and the Verizon Code of Business Conduct.
- Knowledge of wireline and wireless telephony network and operations.
- Knowledge of Verizon legacy and web-based applications.
- Knowledge should include, but is not limited to: COFEE Anywhere, STORC, Datashare, vRepair, Access Guardian, RADAR, CDCT, Kaseware, MARS, RTT, Global Call Search, eCarrier (Usage Repository), PeopleSoft, VzW Info Manager, LERG, LNP, NTAG, Office Profiles, and TSM.
- Knowledge with Avaya One X ACD and Cisco Jabber system.
- Capability to read and understand legal documents including, but not limited to Subpoenas and Court Orders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).