The Department of Children and Families (DCF), Office of Facilities and Support Services, Security and Safety Operations, is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Security Advisor position located in the Northern region of NJ.
The Security Advisor reports to the Director of Security and will be assigned to assist staff at local child protection offices throughout the state.
* Collaborate with management and supervisory personnel relating to the safety/security needs of all employees.
* Develop and recommend measures for assuring staff safety and security; develop safety plans for staff.
* Responsible for interacting with managers, supervisors, employees as well as law enforcement and other officials to ensure the offices and staff are well prepared from a security perspective.
* Develop and maintain close working relationships with the local Police and Fire Departments, and other local, state, and federal authorities as required.
* Facilitate/function as regular liaison between all offices and local emergency services including Police, Fire, sheriff’s offices, etc. Ensure local police and fire units have copies of EAPs, floor plans and points of contact at offices.
* Function as the Point of Contact for managers regarding safety and security concerns.
* Conduct risk/security assessments for assigned DCF offices.
* Ensure policies, procedures and protocols for staff safety are up-to-date for each DCF location. Plan and implement programs that promote a secure work environment.
* Assist with the development, implementation and oversight of Emergency Action Plans (EAPs), policies, and procedures to include site-specific plans for each office.
* Implement formation of crisis management teams for each office and establish team responsibilities/training.
* Identify any potential gaps (conduct gap analysis), hazards and remediation measures as needed.
* Increase safety awareness and coordinate training on safety procedures.
* Coordinate assessments, surveys, and program evaluations to identify hazardous conditions.
* Promote safe practices in the workplace and raise awareness relative to safety guidelines.
* Prepare security incident reports; maintain records of security incidents, threats to staff, etc. Participate in the preparation of procedures, schedules, training outlines, manuals, guides, and materials for safety programs.
* Increase security awareness at all levels within the organization.
* Coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety and security protocols and site evacuation plans.
EDUCATION: Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a government, military or law enforcement agency; demonstrated knowledge of security planning and law enforcement procedures and ability to work under adverse conditions.
A background in Emergency Response and FEMA training is preferred. A successful candidate will have demonstrated proficiency in communications, specifically with customer relations and incident reports, demonstrated ability to perform with little supervision, to remain calm and make rational decisions in crisis situations, and computer literacy.
SKILLS: Successful security and safety employees possess excellent organizational, communication, public speaking, problem-solving, analytical and leadership skills. Since this position requires interaction with local law enforcement and other agencies, teamwork and collaborative abilities are also important to the position.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations will be based upon information presented on the resume only along with other supporting documents. Applicants who possess a degree from a college or university
outside the United States must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service at the time of submission by the above closing date. Failure to do so may result in your ineligibility.
LICENSE: Appointees will be required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
RESIDENCY LAW: Please refer to the New Jersey Department of Children and Families’ website at www.state.nj.us/dcf.
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: You must submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document, saving the file by your Last Name, First Name. Please indicate in your cover letter where you found this job opportunity and send the file to:
The Department of Children and Families is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a respectful and inclusive work environment which reflects the diversity of the state we serve.