Information Assurance Security Engineer ( R-00078099 )
Leidos is seeking an Information Assurance Security Engineer. The Information Assurance Security Engineer is a member of the Leidos - Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) information Security (InfoSec) team responsible for applying cybersecurity principles and best practices to proactively protect and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, of United States Antarctic Program (USAP) data, information systems, and enterprise network. Personnel in this position must have an elevated level of trust, with access to sensitive and private information, which must be handled with integrity and respect in accordance with USAP policies and procedures.
Location: 100% telework is allowed for this position.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Provide continuous security monitoring of the USAP IT infrastructure, while working directly with IT Operations teams to ensure the secure operation of IT infrastructure; and with project management and architecture teams to provide information security requirements and design inputs, and assess security risks associated with new services.
- As a senior member of the InfoSec team, the security engineer trains more junior members and acts as a technical consultant for the Compliance Analyst team.
A successful candidate possesses a solid background in securing Windows and Linux operating systems, Cisco network devices, and Palo Alto firewalls; and is capable of developing, analyzing, and implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs). In addition, the candidate must be familiar with providing continuous security monitoring activities, and managing in-depth vulnerability scans, remediation, risk analysis, and development of plans of action & milestones (POA&M).
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a technology related field) with eight years’ experience in an information security role; additional years of commensurate experience with relevant certifications accepted in lieu of degree.
- Proficient in applying secure design, implementation, and continuous monitoring to an enterprise IT Infrastructure (network devices, systems, applications, services, LAN/WAN topologies, and protocols).
- Proficient in the secure implementation and administration of Windows and Linux operating systems and applications in an enterprise environment.
- Proficient in the phases of security incident response (Prepare, Detect, Analyze, Contain, Eradicate, and Recover).
- Proficient in developing, implementing, and validating baseline security configurations and policies (e.g., DISA, CIS Benchmarks).
- Knowledge and practical application of FISMA compliance, and NIST risk management framework, tools, technologies, and methods (e.g., NIST SP 800-30, 800-37, 900-39, 800-53, etc.).
Desired Skills and Certifications:
- Current security certification(s) (e.g., CISSP, Security+, CISA, certified incident handler).
- Current general IT certification(s) (e.g., MCSE, RHCE, CCNA, CCNP).
- Experience in deploying, managing, and monitoring Palo Alto Firewalls, Wildfire, and Panorama.
- Experience in managing Continuous Security Monitoring (CSM) tools / Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) systems such as Splunk (preferred), LogRhythm, or Exabeam.
- Experience administering vulnerability scanning tools, such as Tenable Nessus and Acunetix.
- Experience administering patch management tools such as Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Spacewalk.
- Experience working within project management methodologies (e.g., Traditional, Agile, Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience capturing and performing packet level analysis of network traffic via Wireshark.
- Experience deploying and managing Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management. The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action.Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.