Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - Junior ( R-00078862 )
- The ISSO provides support for a program, organization, system, or enclave’s information assurance program.
- Provides support for proposing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
- Maintains operational security posture for an information system or program to ensure information systems security policies, standards, and procedures are established and followed.
- Assists with the management of security aspects of the information system and performs day-to-day security operations of the system.
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information.
- Performs vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support certification and accreditation.
- Provides configuration management (CM) for information system security software, hardware, and firmware.
- Manages changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
- Prepares and reviews documentation to include System Security Plans (SSPs), Risk Assessment Reports, Certification and Accreditation (C&A) packages, and System Requirements Traceability Matrices (SRTMs).
- Supports security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP).
- Provide support to senior ISSOs for implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Assist in the evaluation of security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Assist with the CM for information system security software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with preparation and maintenance of documentation
- Maintain records on workstations, servers, routers, firewalls, intelligent hubs, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
- Evaluate security solutions to ensure they meet security requirements for processing classified information
- Propose, coordinate, implement, and enforce information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies
- Maintain operational security posture for an information system or program
- Provide support to the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
- Develop and maintain documentation for C&A in accordance with ODNI and DoD policies
- Develop and update the system security plan and other IA documentation
- Provide CM for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-today security operations of the system
- Develop system security policy and ensures compliance
- Administer the user identification and authentication mechanism of the Information System (IS)
- Five (5) years’ experience as an ISSO on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Experience is to include at least two (2) of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation; communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional experience as an ISSO may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Certification - DoD 8570 compliance with Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I or higher is required.