Information Security Systems Engineer ( R-00080684 )
Leidos has an immediate opening for an Information Security Systems Engineer (ISSE) in Herndon, Virginia. The successful candidate will provide Security Engineering support for a portfolio of AWS projects. Responsibilities include ICD 503 documentation, technical controls implementation and recommendations, security compliance for projects, auditing, and encryption implementation and compliance for various levels of data. Technical working knowledge of Cloud Security guidelines required, i.e., Key Management, Security Overlay implementation, and encryption implementation. The candidate will be required to produce high quality documentation to support the A&A submissions. Experience in AWS, Unix, Security Engineering, Encryption, and networking desired.
- Supporting A&A throughout the life-cycle of novel and ongoing projects
- Managing and updating A&A packages
- Managing continuous monitoring efforts (vulnerability scanning, logging tools, etc.)
- Leading remediation activities (POA&Ms)
- Coordinating security/risk assessment activities
- Performing system analysis and providing recommendations for compliance/risk management
- Working with the team on new and potential projects by analyzing requirements and providing specific guidance on security needs and potential roadblocks
- Providing expertise and recommending improvements to improve the security posture for systems
- Providing advice on changes that could affect the A&A of systems
- Keeping up to date on enterprise-wide security guidance that can affect projects
- Requires a Bachelor degree and at least 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Requires an active TS/SCI with poly to be considered
- 5 years’ experience leading efforts to achieve ATO through the A&A process
- Strong writing ability to produce clear, concise, high quality documentation to support the A&A submissions
- AWS Cloud Systems Operations, recent success moving applications to the cloud
- Utilizing cyber security controls to ensure access security once moved to the cloud
- Information Assurance Methodology
- Experience using customer security tracking databases
- Experienced in ISSO responsibilities within the Community
- Demonstrated experience with oral and written communication skills – the ability to communicate information and ideas in a manner that is understandable, responsive, and customer-focused.
- Demonstrated experience identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Demonstrated experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated experience in providing customer service.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and scheduling to achieve project milestones and goals.
- Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office to include PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Confluence and JIRA.