Sr. Information Security Engineer - Telecommute (105921291)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage and resolve challenging issues for the UHG business partners
- Expected to support the Delivery team and the Acquired Entities in the West Coast region during the PST time zone 9am to 5pm office hours
- Participating in incident, problem, and change management processes related to Tanium
- Maintain system documentation for configuration and troubleshooting of known issues (issue tracker). Additionally, get involved with an incident write-up when a service interruption or an outage occurs
- Track, document, and escalate incidents that may cause impact such a service interruption or outage to the environment
- Assemble and coordinate with technical teams and third-party vendors to resolve incidents as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify gaps and recommendations, ultimately remediating risks to the program
- Deploy and configure automated patch deployment systems at the acquired companies
- Ensure that endpoint security controls (Ex. Anti-virus, EDR) and various endpoint agents are fully deployed across the local environment and configured to operate as intended
- Capture a WPR (Windows Performance Recorder) trace, to assist with the Technical Support Team with Troubleshooting & Diagnosis of an issue
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of system engineering experience within a large global company
- 3+ years of Windows Performance Tool Kit. Ability to install and manage Windows Performance Recorder/ Analyzer. Additionally, demonstrate expertise in analyzing process, disk, and CPU utilization
- 3+ years of Windows Sys internals
- Experience working with offshore teams and with peers in different time zones-(9am to 5pm PST time zone)
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to manage, diagnose, troubleshoot, and monitor Windows environment
- Demonstrate knowledge in troubleshooting skills at OS, application, network, and database level
- Fundamental understanding of incident response and remediation
- Information Security industry certification (CISSP, SANS, CISM, CISA, HCISSP, etc.)
- 2+ years of implementing, configuring, and administering software asset management tools. Additionally, deploy security patches in a large enterprise setting
- Prior experience with Tanium platform and it is capabilities such as Unmanaged Asset Discovery, Patching, Software Agent Distribution, Enforce, and Configuration Baseline
- Scripting language proficiency (Perl, Python, bash, PowerShell, VBA, etc.)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.