Senior Information Security Architect - Telecommute (105934443)
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Information Security team is positioned as a Central Region aligned resource team, closely connected to the Optum Enterprise Information Security teams. We primarily serve WellMed, USMD and Optum Florida organizations by providing strategy consultation, standardization policies and guidelines, system design, architecture documentation, performance evaluations, and collaboration support. The Information Security team links the goals of USMD with those of WellMed and Optum and provides support and advice for the overall improvement of our collective security posture. The team is not large yet provides value to operational teams by active involvement in responding to attacks, assessment of risk, planning risk treatments and technical analysis.
Day in the Life
- Member of a small team with deep ties to system architects, and Information Technology teams
- Contribute to various teams from WellMed, USMD, Optum, OptumCare and EIS regarding execution of security operations, management of documented risk, and management of documented vendor risk, security exhibit creation and security related service requests
- Facilitate the design/deployment reviews with department leads and executive leadership to ensure adherence to organizational policies or capture technological debt
- Partner with business owners, application teams, and the broader Optum Technology teams to define/enhance IT solutions in order to meet both business needs and performance, operational and security requirements
- Review, on an ongoing schedule, existing architectural documents to provide feedback to applicable technology teams on recommended process and system improvement and policy changes related to Information Security
- Closely partner with WellMed’s Integration team and Optum Network Services to ensure that WellMed’s business needs are being met in addition to providing guidance with regards to enterprise guidelines, strategies, and initiatives
- Serves as a key security resource in working with various technical teams to diagnose troubleshoot Tier 3 (complex and/or critical) issues across multiple technology boundaries in potentially stressful situations
- Operate in a ServiceNow ITSM environment with at least a portion of work received through face-to-face interaction, project plans, email, Instant Messaging and ServiceNow tickets
- Experienced and comfortable in securing cloud environments
- Possess the ability to communicate security requirements to developers in a constructive manner that promotes understanding
- Experienced and comfortable in architecting, engineering or building Information Security tools
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
- Possess exceptional work planning and project management understanding
- Possess exceptional communication skills
- Possess exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Possess the ability to prioritize and balance workload in a high-demand environment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Information Technology or similar field) Four additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of experience with security administration and/or engineering
- Experience working with security standards including those promoted by NIST, PCI DSS, ISO, HIPAA
- Proven exceptional planning and project implementation skills to achieve high visibility solutions
- Master’s degree (in Information Technology or similar field)
- (ISC)2 CISSP certification
- (ISC)2 HCISPP certification
- (ISC)2 CISSP-ISSAP certification
- Experience with HITRUST (engineer or auditor)
- Microsoft Certification(s)
- Experience with Optum Technology teams
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Microsoft Azure Services Architecture or Security
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize and balance workload in a high-demand environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors’ offices in Texas and Florida through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.