Information System Security Engineer (94472)
- Serve as technical authority and SME on information security Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DODIT, and NIST RMF accreditation testing and evaluation.
- Formulate and implement security certification methods for projects/programs conforming to DOD and Federal Cybersecurity requirements.
- Perform duties of an ISSE in execution of DoN RMF processes including the completion of RMF process steps in eMASS, the development of RMF artifacts (Security Plan, System Level Continuous Monitoring Plan, Risk Assessment Report, etc.), and the implementation of Security Controls in coordination with development project teams.
- Leadership in, and execution of, security test and evaluation methods, practices, and techniques associated with the assessment of Navy information systems.
- Design and development of plans, processes, and procedures for Navy information systems leading to authorization and Approval to Operate (ATO) of complex systems IAW National and DOD requirements
- Expert evaluation, assessment, and recommendations for project/program policy in support of system design, acquisition, development, deployment and operations in diverse security environments IAW National and DOD requirements.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you're seeking a career implementing, architecting, and-in select cases-handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
- An active secret clearance is required to be considered for this role.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Ten (10) or more years of cybersecurity/IA experience supporting C4ISR systems (with at least 2 of those years directly supporting RMF package development)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- CompTIA Security + required.
- MUST BE LOCAL TO SAN DIEGO, CA
- Advanced/Expert knowledge of DoD Information Assurance and Cybersecurity policies, procedures and practices including the RMF and NIST SP 800-53
- Advanced/Expert knowledge of Cybersecurity, Information Technology, Cloud/Network Architecture, and/or related concepts
- Advanced/Expert knowledge of computers, networks, deployment environments (e.g., data center, cloud, etc.), systems and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- Advanced/Expert knowledge of and skill in using DoD tools and capabilities for vulnerability assessments and compliance reporting (eMASS, ACAS, STIGs, SRGs, SCAP).
- Ability to develop RMF artifacts, plan security assessment execution events, and report to cross-functional teams, IPT Leadership, Program Office personnel, and external
Stakeholders. Responsibilities may include program development and/or oversight for confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and enhancements for information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Previous Security Operations Center experience
- Experience in mobile and endpoint security
- Certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP)