Information System Security Officer (ISSO) - Top Secret Clearance Required ( R-00087711 )
The Defense Group at Leidos as an exciting opportunity as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) on our GSM-O II IDIQ contract’s Joint Service Provider (JSP) Cyber Security Task Order in Alexandria, VA. JSP provides a full range of IT products, services, and solutions and customer services to the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) and the Joint Staff (JS), Director of Administration (DA), Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA), Washington Headquarters Services (WHS), and other OSD offices for them to meet mission and business requirements. Through the JSP Cyber Security program, JSP performs a wide variety of services and functions required to secure the information security posture for DoD services.
This Task Order has 100+ FTEs working to ensure JSP’s Cyber Security program adheres to JSP, DoD, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) approved cyber society, information assurance (IA) architecture, policies, programs, standards, and guidelines. The ISSO will be provide experienced and qualified personnel to perform Cybersecurity support services to assist JSP maintain an effective cybersecurity program.
This is a hybrid position allowing 50% remote work after a brief ramp-up period (first 2-3 weeks will be 100% onsite during onboarding, then time will be split 50/50 onsite/remote).
- Establish and implement security procedures and practices in support of Customer goals and current DoD regulations.
- Develop and update Assessment & Authorization (A&A) documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
- Using knowledge of the Information System (IS) and understanding of established Information Assurance (IA) and Cybersecurity requirements validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), customer policies & regulations, and ensure local policies are followed.
- Initiate the authorization or re-authorization efforts and process for new or expiring systems and coordinate, schedule, and attend required meetings
- Serve as the System Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for various Joint Service Provider (JSP) systems
- Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform security audits IAW established procedures. Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Make decisions and implement corrective action as required to resolve audit discrepancies.
- Author and review IS security-related documentation and submit to Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- As an IA Subject Matter Expert (SME), provide critical thinking to ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) of the security relevance.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures for use by members of the ISSO team
- Support the ISSO Team Lead in conducting lessons learned activities to improve the overall productivity and efficiency of the ISSO team
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and customer team members
- Reviewing manual STIGs (ckls) utilizing STIGViewer
- Reviewing ACAS Scans
- Developing Project Management Plan to attain ATO
- DoDI 8570 IAM Level II or IAT Level II Certification
- BS and 8 or more years of prior relevant experience, add'l experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active Top Secret clearance or higher (program can support up to TS/SCI)
TN10Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.