Sr Information Security Engineer - Telecommute (111820626)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Making critical decisions on enterprise security policies
- Reporting and reviewing the compliance status and taking remediation actions
- Apply network security best practices and standards through auditing, policy analysis, firewall request review and processing
- Implement suggested solutions and innovative approaches to complex issues, as well as complex conceptual analysis, ensuring implementation
- Promote and practice team collaboration
- Defines, implements, audits, and maintains firewall security policies ensuring mitigation of risks to the IT infrastructure as well as the company
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science OR an equivalent combination of experience, education, and / or training in the network security and security compliance
- 5+ years relevant experience Next Gen firewalls engineering (Ex: Palo Alto)
- 5+ years experienced analyzing, auditing, researching, developing security policies; standards and procedures
- 3+ years of experience in information security analysis or similar role
- Extensive experience with Palo Alto Networks firewall and other Next Generation Firewall Platforms
- Solid understanding principles and practices of cyber security audits and audit documentation
- Deep understanding network security principles, including firewall configurations, network traffic analysis and risk management
- Broad knowledge of wide range of Information Technology systems and a deep understanding of the inherent security risks associated with these technologies
- General technical know-how of security network devices (switches, antivirus, proxies, IPSs, WAF, firewalls) and any other security networking hardware or software tools
- Ability to interpret and apply security standards in all applicable network security environments
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, as well as communicate with customers and other security teams
- Ability to manage the identification and mitigation of risks and communicate business and technical risk to other team members and management
- Advanced degree in Computer Science
- Professional security certification(s) (ex. CISSP)
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal and team skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.