Sr. Information Security Risk Auditor - Telecommute (112171057)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The health solutions marketplace is hungry for new ideas, innovative products and software that drives elevated performance for the business and the customer. The UnitedHealth Group family of businesses is feeding incredible solutions to that marketplace every day by bringing out the best in our software engineering teams. We serve customers across the health system. Not only do we have more of them every day, we also have more technology, greater data resources and far broader expertise than any competitor anywhere. We're out to change the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. If you're in, you'll be challenged like never before. It's time to join this history making.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assists with the development and execution of Information Risk Governance department operations, methodology, technologies and tools
- Helps drive continuous improvement efforts in alignment with direction provided by leadership and industry standards
- Provides staff with professional and technical expertise and guidance to ensure that project objectives and scope are satisfied, this includes assisting staff members and contractors in the development and negotiation of recommendations and responses, evaluating the performance of the team, and providing guidance regarding department and company policies and procedures
- Creates, reviews, and approves pertinent work papers and communications of assessment results
- Work papers should comply with department and professional standards for content and quality
- Manages the execution and delivery of IT risk assessments including scoping assessments, creates detailed assessment procedures and related testing and reporting in accordance with professional and departmental standards
- Leads and directs cross functional teams, large complex projects or segment teams to achieve key business objectives and reduce IT security risks
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues · Successfully identifies, addresses, manages and/or escalates risks and issues within a project to the segment lead
- Translates highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Influences senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products and/or approaches to meet business needs and address IT security concerns
- Leads special projects undertaken by the department and/or the Company
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant business experience, including internal audit or IT experience
- Proficient understanding of IT security and internal control concepts and how to apply them Soft Skills/Abilities
- 4+ years of relevant IT experience including audit experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience of individuals/teams
- Experience in health insurance systems is desirable
- Experience working in a complex IT environment highly desirable
- Experience with HIPPA, PCI, HITRUST, SSAE18, SOX 404 Professional Certification(s)
- Relevant IT certification(s) (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIPT, CSFP, ISA, CIA, etc.)
- Desire to make a positive impact with the ability to manage multiple tasks and shift priorities Hiring Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills (verbal & written) and analytical skills
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.