Information Security Analyst (2104699)
Information Security Analyst - ( 2104699 )
We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
We’re looking for an ambitious recent graduate with a Computer Science/Engineering, or similar technical degree, with a passionate interest in Information and Cyber Security. The role will be part of a technically talented and diverse Pearson Information Security Team, with the mission to protect our learner and company information from bad actors. You are someone who is highly curious and eager to advance their learning and technical career.
In this role, you will be working on various challenging projects across systems and security teams, including engineering, compliance, and security operations; bringing newly acquired academic skills while leveraging coaching and mentoring in the real-world application of security concepts.
- Provide security analyst support to the Information Technology Platform Security Architects and Managers on Pearson extensive enterprise Cloud Platforms, including IAAS (Infrastructure as a Service, such as AWS, Google and Azure) and SAAS (Software as a Service, such as O365, Salesforce, Hybris, Oracle, Alfresco etc
- This security analyst support includes working with Platform owners on the creation and analysis of security score cards, interpreting the score card outcomes and advising the Platform Owner on proposed remediations and path to compliance.
- Partner with Pearson Digital and Technology stakeholders, CISO colleagues and Data Privacy Office to support the implementation of Pearson’s Digital security and privacy roadmap.
- Implement, iterate, and regularly populate aggregated security KPIs dashboards.
- Work with Security Architects and Enterprise Architecture to build repeatable security patterns that can be consumed by platform teams, enabling security by design.
- Perform information security and data privacy risk assessments of digital platform changes.
- Support the evaluation of platform compliance against current policies and standards, planned future policies and standards
- Assist with spot audits of systems/products within platforms
- Research emerging technologies and trends to incorporate into platform roadmaps
- Build and maintain in-depth knowledge of business and security market, customers, and competitors
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the company’s products, teams, and solution architectures.
- Maintain a mutually flexible work schedule to accommodate meetings with individuals in time zones all over the world.
- Champion diversity, inclusion and equity while working with a globally distributed team of engineers and/or architects.
The Ideal Candidate
- Possess the following qualities: academic knowledge of the latest computer science and engineering techniques, good verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for continuing to learn and sharing their academic knowledge with others.
- Deals well with ambiguous or undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- A self-motivated person who can be given some general guidance and goals, then performing work without close supervision.
- The ability to differentiate between academic and practical security application.
- Have a good understanding of computer programming, to be able to use languages such as python to write scripts to support your projects.
- Have a general understanding of computer security, such as access controls, network security, security event logging and actions.
- Have a basic understanding of risk and compliance and related controls and control frameworks, like SOX and PCI.
- Basic understanding of good security hygiene practices such as vulnerability management.
- Comfortable performing requirements analysis, interfacing with stakeholders of various levels and documenting solutions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to articulate technical topics to non-technical audiences both in writing, in diagrams, and in person.
- Energetic team player who works well across boundaries and readily adapts to change and enjoys rapid development.
- General computer skills, including Microsoft office products, and web-based applications.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related quantitative field.
- Career focus on Information/Cyber Security
Primary Location : US-NC-Raleigh
Other Locations : GB-GB-London, US-TX-San Antonio
Job : Technology
Organization : Technology & Operations
Employee Status : Regular Employee
Job Type : Standard
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Mar 29, 2021
Job Unposting : Ongoing
Schedule: : Full-time Regular
Req ID: 2104699