Senior Information Assurance Security Analyst ( R-00059023 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos in support of the United States Antarctic Program (USAP), currently has an opening for a Senior Information Assurance Security Analyst in Centennial, Colorado.
The Senior Information Assurance Security Analyst is a senior member of the Leidos – Antarctic Support Contract (ASC) Information Security (InfoSec) team responsible for applying cybersecurity principles and best practices to proactively protect and maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability, of USAP data, information systems, and enterprise network. Personnel in this position must have an elevated level of trust, with access to sensitive and private information, which must be handled with integrity and respect in accordance with USAP policies and procedures.
The Senior Information Assurance Security Analyst will be responsible for coordination, oversight, execution and enhancement of consistent security practices for all information systems within the USAP. The Senior Information Assurance Security Analyst will apply the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) to ensure effective information security controls are documented and delivered to safeguard USAP business operations, prevent unauthorized system access, and to protect sensitive information.
This position leads analysis and assessment of compliance with security and privacy laws, regulations, guidance, and direction, including the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA); National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidance; Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS); applicable Office of Management and Budget (OMB) memoranda; National Science Foundation (NSF); and United States Antarctic Program (USAP) policies and instructions.
Provides leadership and support for all security compliance initiatives, such as:
- Leads annual plan to identify, document and update applicable security controls in the System Security Plan in accordance with NIST SP 800-53 rev 5, Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organizations, and NIST SP 800-37, Risk Management Framework.
- Ensures configuration control over Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) and Certification & Accreditation (C&A) packages.
- Manages and coordinates both external Office of Inspector General (OIG) and internal Security Controls Assessment (SCA) audits, and creation and delivery of audit artifacts.
- Coordinates with Security Engineers, IT Operations teams and customers to develop and maintain the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), Acceptance of Risk (AOR) and other required security documentation, processes, and procedures.
- Conducts and documents security assessments to determine the effectives and compliance of planned and implemented security controls.
- Performs systems security evaluations, audits, and server logging reviews to verify secure operations and recommends mitigations and corrective actions.
- Organizes and facilitates contingency planning and incident response exercises.
- Supports Incident Response activities to mitigate damage, determine impact, document activities, and implement corrective actions.
- Creates, publishes and manages content for the information security awareness and training program.
- Develops and presents information security reports for stakeholders, customers and management based on Information Security operational metrics, security assessments and security reviews.
- Evaluates proposed enhancements and changes to the operational / business systems, and develops appropriate security requirements.
- Develops privacy impact assessments, information categorization and sensitivity assessments, security test and evaluation assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity and 8 years' relevant experience. Additional years of experience and relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have experience in system vulnerability assessments and developing certification and accreditation packages.
- Candidate must have experience with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework.
- Current Information Security certification(s) (e.g. CISM, CISSP, CISSO, CISA, Security+).
- Highly knowledgeable in the application of FISMA requirements such as NIST SP 800-53 rev 5 and NIST SP 800-37 to US Government programs.
- Experience implementing and administering Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) tools.
- Understanding and application of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Capable of managing projects within an established project management framework.
- Familiar with patch and vulnerability management processes and tools (e.g. Tenable Nessus).
- Proficient in validating baseline security configurations and policies (e.g., DISA, CIS Benchmarks).
- Effective at interacting with compliance auditors and managing delivery of audit artifacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Integrated Missions Operation builds trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science and engineering solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
Key Programs and/or Capabilities:
- Antarctic Support Contract (ASC)
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Digital Modernization
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Energy and Environment
- Engineering Services
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.