Information System Security Engineer (ISSE) (42479)
- Conduct independent comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls and control enhancements employed within or inherited by an information technology (IT) system to determine the overall effectiveness of the security controls (as defined in NIST 800-37).
- Maintain and develop information systems assurance and accreditation documentation.
- Ensure information systems are operated, used, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and required by the authorization package and in line with client requirements.
- Validate the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems, networks, and data in accordance with information systems programs, policies, procedures and goals.
- Develop procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility; prevent and defend against unauthorized systems, network and data.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of over 15,000+ professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise.
The Systems Engineering offering is comprised of experienced professionals who help guide clients through their most complex technology challenges. This can include the delivery of large scale software applications & integrated systems, the development of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integrations solutions, and the delivery of technology enablement to support CIO services transformation. Our Systems Engineering offering focuses on key client issues that impact the core business, provide operational value, drive down the cost of quality, and enhance technology innovation.
- An active secret clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, or an equivalent technical degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years of professional experience capturing and refining information security operational and security requirements, and ensuring those requirements are properly addressed through purposeful architecting, design, development, and configuration; and implementing security controls, configuration changes, software/hardware updates/patches, vulnerability scanning, and securing configurations.
- Must be IAT Level II compliant (must possess at least one of the following current certs):
- Cisco CCNA Security
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- CompTIA Security+
- (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.