: Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) ( R-00062629 )
Leidos is seeking an Information Systems Security Engineer to support the development and integration of Autonomous Underwater Vehicle programs that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across multiple Department of Defense agencies. The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) will support the development, integration, deployment, and sustainment of critical systems. The selected candidate shall perform (or review) technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies. This Information Systems Security Engineering opportunity will allow you to participate in system design, development, and integration of hardware & software applications for our customers highly specialized programs. Working with other team members the ISSE will ensure all aspects of security will be incorporated into the system design throughout the Systems Development Life Cycle. In addition, the ISSE will contribute to enterprise application development, network engineering, and information systems security (ISS). The ISSE position is located in Point Loma San Diego, CA with the ability to work remotely.
- Support multiple programs as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Information Assurance & Cybersecurity for software and hardware development
- Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Establish policies & procedures that implement the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) best practices
- Participate as the primary security-engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, cloud, and enclave environments.
- As the primary security representative for engineering teams serve as the liaison between Leidos and the customer security team for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components.
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
- Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data.
- Requires BS in relevant discipline (Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering) and 4-8 years prior relevant work experience or Masters with 2-6 years relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience the following technologies: eMASS, STIG Viewer and STIG auditing.
- Understanding of hardware and software engineering best practices
- Current DoDM 8570 IAT III Certification is required.
- CompTIA Security+.
- Must have an active TS clearance.
- CISSP-ISSEP Certification
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CSSP) or equivalent cloud computing certification
- Active SCI