Information Security and Privacy Counsel ( 584519-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is seeking an experienced and talented attorney to handle information security matters in support of the business unit serving global enterprise companies and small and medium businesses. (Verizon Business Group, or VBG). The successful candidate must be a skilled lawyer with excellent judgment who can work with colleagues across the Legal Department and the business to ensure that Verizon complies with all applicable information security laws and company policies and acts with the highest ethical standards.
- Work with a range of stakeholders, including the Verizon Information Security (CISO), Risk Management & Compliance, Corporate Security, Privacy, Sales, and Internal Audit teams to optimize the information security policies and procedures that protect VBG and its customers.
- Investigate, remediate, and coordinate customer data breach notifications, as necessary.
- Advise on information security issues arising during the course of customer negotiations.
- Provide support for ISO 27001, ISO 9001 and SOC audit processes.
- Review use cases for and provide guidance to business teams on robotic process automation, including chatbots and robotic desktop automation.
- Develop information security communications and training.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- J.D. degree and six or more years of relevant work experience within a law firm, government, or in-house position in an information security or similar role.
- Bar membership in good standing in at least one state and needed licenses.
- Extensive experience handling information security matters, including cybersecurity, international data privacy, and operational compliance.
- Experience with security compliance requirements, key industry standards (such as ISO, SOC and NIST Cybersecurity Framework) and data privacy laws.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Proven ability to independently and confidently resolve complex legal issues, often under challenging deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and improving risk management processes, particularly processes that involve the coordination of diverse teams.
- A proven ability to effectively manage a high-volume docket in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
- A proven ability to build relationships and effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders across the Legal Department and the company as a whole.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).