2023 Summer Law Intern-New Orleans CLC
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Frederick A. Miller & Associates, staff counsel for State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company in Metairie, Louisiana, is hiring a Summer Law Intern who will have exposure to Insurance Defense litigation and trial practice. The internship strives to provide a balanced and realistic representation of the function of Claims Litigation Counsel, as well as real world exposure to a multitude of legal services being provided. The selected individual will have the opportunity to work one-on-one with attorneys on assigned projects, observe every phase of litigation, and will have a designated mentor throughout the internship. The internship period is scheduled from 5/22/2023-8/4/2023. The selected candidate will receive a $2000 internship stipend.
Located in Metairie, Louisiana, we enjoy an active, busy civil trial practice. We provide a congenial, team-oriented, professional work environment with skilled support staff.
- Must be currently enrolled as a 2L student in an ABA law school and must remain enrolled as a student for the duration of the internship
- Strong research skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Louisiana Evidence and Civil Procedure a plus
- Completion of Louisiana Insurance Law course a plus
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity.
The following must be attached to candidate's application at the time of submission (please attach the following as one combined single document and upload during the application process):
- Transcript for recent graduates (unofficial copy accepted)
- Writing Sample (no more than 5 pages long)