We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Mark R. Weiner & Associates, Staff Counsel for State Farm Insurance has openings due to upcoming retirements. Looking for a trial attorney with 2+ years civil litigation experience including taking and defending depositions and strong desire to do trials. Leadership potential and insurance defense background is a plus. Must be graduate of an ABA Law School. Full file responsibility. Must be able to handle an inventory of approximately 40 - 50 files. All candidates must possess excellent academic credentials, outstanding written and oral advocacy skills and strong software/technological skills including competency in Word, Outlook, and Westlaw. Competitive candidates will be well organized, detail oriented and able to independently manage a caseload where work is time sensitive. Must indicate salary requirements.
Located in Glendale, California, we enjoy an active, busy civil trial practice in Los Angeles, Kern, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties. We provide a congenial, team-oriented professional work environment with skilled support staff, competitive salary and exceptional benefits. We have a hybrid schedule with attorneys coming into the office 2 days a week.
We are looking for (2) Junior Trial Attorneys who have the following experience :
- 2+ years of personal injury as well as experience handling first and third party cases from inception to conclusion with an emphasis on auto cases
- Will have a full file responsibility
- Must be able to handle an inventory of 50+ files
- Knowledge of local and state discovery rules, trial procedures, and applicable substantive law commensurate with level of experience
- Experience presenting and cross-examining lay and expert witnesses
- Experience directing support staff on clerical and administrative matters related to lawsuit handling
- Experience working in a paperless electronic environment
- Strong automation/technological skills for lawsuit handling and courtroom presentation
- Preferred qualification, but optional - Insurance defense background
- Must have a law degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have an active law license to practice in California and a member in good standing with the State Bar of California
Glendale CA.But we cover all courts in Los Angeles, Kern, Ventura, San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara. Operating Model:
Hybrid super flexible work environment
Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity. For Los Angeles candidates: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.