Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
For Los Angeles candidates: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
For San Francisco candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jeanette N. Little & Associates, insurance staff counsel for State Farm Insurance Companies, seeks a trial attorney with 0-10 years of experience to join our Pleasanton, CA office.
FULLY REMOTE OPPORTUNITIES MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR CANDIDATES RESIDING IN FRESNO COUNTY ONLY. ALL OTHER CANDIDATES WOULD BE REQUIRED TO SPEND SOME TIME WORKING IN THE OFFICE.
Candidates must have exceptional knowledge of civil procedure, evidence and trial strategy with outstanding written and oral advocacy skills. Competitive candidates will be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to independently manage a caseload where all work is time-sensitive.
Located in Pleasanton, CA, we enjoy an active, busy civil trial practice. We provide a congenial, team-oriented professional work environment with skilled support staff.
- Law degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Active license to practice law in California and a member in good standing of the California Bar
- 0-10 years of civil litigation experience/jury trial experience, preferably in insurance defense practice
- Experience working in a paperless environment
- Strong automation/technical skills for lawsuit handling and courtroom presentation
- Strong software skills including competency in Word, Outlook, and Westlaw
- Knowledge of local and state discovery rules, trial procedures, and applicable substantive law commensurate with level of experience
- Experience presenting and cross-examining lay and expert witnesses
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity.