We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team! As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
For Los Angeles candidates: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
For San Francisco candidates: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
State Farm Insurance Company's Sacramento Claim Litigation Counsel Law Firm, Tiza Serrano Thompson & Associates, is seeking an attorney who has a minimum of 3-20 years of litigation, preferably insurance defense, experience. The ideal candidate will have some prior trial experience, civil preferred, strong work ethic, customer focus, initiative, communication and technology skills. In addition, this position may have a heavy emphasis on handling third party litigation, first party claims and law and motion, requiring excellent writing and research skills and competitive academic credentials. We provide a congenial work environment with a manageable case load, ample support staff and no billable hour requirement. We offer a business casual environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes 401K.
- Law degree from an ABA accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Active license to practice law in California and a member in good standing with the state bar
- 3-20 years of civil litigation experience/jury trial experience, preferably in insurance defense practice
- Experience working in a paperless environment
- Strong automation/technical skills
- Strong software skills including competency in Word, Outlook, and Westlaw
- Knowledge of local and state discovery rules, trial procedures, and applicable substantive law commensurate with level of experience
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity.