Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Mimi L. Smith & Associates, insurance staff counsel for State Farm Insurance Companies, is seeking a Personal Injury Protection (PIP) attorney to join our growing state-wide team; the position is located in our Orlando office. Qualified candidates will have PIP experience and an exceptional knowledge of civil procedure, evidence, and trial strategy. Candidates must have outstanding written and oral advocacy skills and strong software/technological skills including competency in Word, Outlook, and Westlaw. Competitive candidates will be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to independently manage a caseload where all work is time sensitive. Prior civil trial litigation experience, including motion handling and jury trial experience, is preferred. The position is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Everyone in a hybrid role is required to spend some time in the office. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs.
Florida PIP Team attorneys enjoy an active, busy civil trial practice. We provide a congenial, team-oriented professional work environment with skilled support staff.
Location: 390 N. Orange Avenue, Suite 1700, Orlando FL
- Must have a law degree from ABA-accredited law school and excellent academic credentials
- Must have active license to practice law in Florida and a member in good standing of the bar
- 1-5 years of PIP litigation experience
- Strong automation/technological skills for lawsuit handling and courtroom presentation
- Self-starter, independently identifying issues and demonstrating initiative in personal and professional development
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity.