Analyst, Federal Contracts Compliance (99856)
Military Services Group (MSG) works with the United States Military to treat and supply water and to collect and treat wastewater for military installations all over the country as part of the federal government’s Utility Privatization Program.
Position has responsibility for assisting the Manager of Federal Contracts/Regulatory Compliance with the execution of American Water’s Military Services Group’s (MSG) federal contract compliance program. This work is primarily focused on ensuring compliance with the Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act and various other Federal Acquisition Regulations and other federal procurement laws by actively monitoring and reviewing MSG processes and programs enacted to fulfill the requirements of these regulations and laws.Key Accountabilities
- FEDERAL CONTRACT COMPLIANCE: Working with the Manager, Federal Contracts / Regulatory Compliance, ensure MSG is maintaining full compliance with all federal contracting laws and regulations, in accordance with MSG’s Federal Compliance Management System. Responsibilities include, but not limited to, compliance with all applicable federal laws and regulations, such as the Service Contract Act (SCA), Federal Acquisition Regulations, the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations, the Davis-Bacon Act (DBA), and other Federal Guidelines and Acts. Periodically monitor and audit various compliance program elements across MSG as well as across other American Water functional organizations supporting MSG. Support the implementation of systems, processes and controls to ensure a robust and sustainable compliance program is in place. Develop and provide training and communications to company employees on compliance topics.
- FEDERAL CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION: As Required, provide support to the Senior Federal Contract Specialists in the review and processing of federal contract modifications, invoice payments, and development / implementation of process improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Strong knowledge and application of the Service Contract Act (SCA) as well as the Davis-Bacon Act (DBA)
- Familiarity with DoD’s Utility Privatization program specifically, and government contracting generally (Preferred)
- Strong knowledge of federal contracting processes and procedures (FAR), Service Contract Act (SCA), Davis-Bacon Act (DBA) and federal regulatory compliance activities and processes
- Experience performing internal / external audits for compliance to Federal/State/Local/ Laws and Policies/Procedures
- Ability to work and thrive in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to lead change in business process across multi-functional teams
- Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build productive working relationships with internal / external customers and employees.
- Ability to tailor communication and messaging with varying levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several projects simultaneously.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and engage in leading and implementing improvements.
- Capable of being entrusted with “Confidential” information.
- Highly motivated and innovative; self-starter
- Proficiency in MS Office products, especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, and Adobe.
- Minimum of 3 years of applied experience with federal contracts, preferably within the context of the Department of Defense (either government or private sector)
- Proven track record of maintaining compliance efforts within a Federal, insurance or Regulatory environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Contract Administration, Political Science, or related degree (or relevant experience)
- Certifications or formal training/education in Federal Acquisition Regulations/Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations or federal government contracting
10%Competencies Champions safetyCustomer obsessedCultivates innovationNimble learningDrives ResultsCollaborates
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.