File Clerk - Legal (338633)
We are seeking a capable and energetic File Clerk to join the Chicago House Counsel team in Chicago, IL. The candidate will perform all functions of a file clerk in the digital practice of law, as well as certain physical filing management and back office functions.
1. Accurate and orderly scanning, uploading and categorizing of our law firm’s incoming case-related mail, pleadings, medical records, outgoing case-related email, etc.
2. Facility with digital scanning, saving/downloading documents from websites, file sharing technology, encryption processes, uploading, emailing, PDF, MS Word and other software.
3. Aptitude and willingness to learn about the litigation system, its pleadings and related documents in order to accurately categorize, scan and upload the firm’s incoming mail into our firm’s digital case management application and electronically route them to appropriate personnel
4. Aptitude and willingness to learn to identify medical records, in order accurately categorize, scan and upload them into our firm’s digital case management application and electronically route them to appropriate personnel in the firm.
5. Organization and maintenance of the firm’s physical file folders and file room.
6. Preparation and shipment of closed files for offsite storage; shredding of disposable contents; electronic input of archiving information into our firm’s digital case management application; communication with offsite storage to schedule pick up and/or retrieval of closed case file boxes.
7. Maintenance of adequate and organized supplies on shelves, printer stations, copy rooms.
10. Photocopying and collating exhibits for outgoing pleadings, daily data entry.
11. Opening all new cases in case management system.
12. Performing hand deliveries and physical court and agency filings when necessary.