Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Legal Operations Director
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company, a Fortune 50 company is offering an opportunity to join the Legal Operations function of the Law Department, as Legal Operations Director. The Director is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the function. Formed in 2020, the Legal Operations function exists to support all operations of the Law Department.
State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion in building an engaged workforce, and our Law Department employees enjoy challenging and interesting work. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion in building an engaged workforce, and as a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It's part of who we are and have been since 1922. The position is located in Bloomington, IL, at State Farm's corporate headquarters. The position is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs.
The candidate selected for this role will be responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the Legal Operations Function, and related execution of activities, projects, and programs designed to support the Law Department. Frequent communication and interaction with Law Department leaders about the activities of the function and the ongoing focus on continuous improvement is a key component of this role. The Bloomington, IL based position will involve periodic travel as necessary to effectively represent State Farm's interests. In part, the individual selected will:
- Provide leadership, direct supervision, and development of assigned management team members, including recruitment, performance management/evaluation, and salary administration
- Foster an inclusive environment by supporting the diverse talents, strengths, and perspectives of others while supporting the Department's work to advance diversity in the legal profession
- Work collaboratively with Law Department leadership, peers, and staff to align function and department strategies with Enterprise goals and objectives.
- Oversee the operational budget and expense management for the function. In addition, coordinate the management, reporting, and processes of the Law Department budget and financial activities
- Develop systems, policies, and processes required for maximum efficiency and consistency across the Law Department including development and implementation of operational strategies that further continuous improvement, operational efficiencies, AI and automation efforts.
- Stay current with and engage in the Legal Operations field with external business partners including Corporate Legal Operations Consortium, Association of Corporate Counsel, and GC 50 - LTIR to position State Farm's Legal Operations function to continuously improve and increasingly contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of our Law Department. Share learnings and resources from these resources for the development and growth of the Legal Operations team
- Experience in the leadership and development of highly engaged and productive teams
- Prior Legal Operations management experience
- Financial management and operations experience
- Risk, Compliance and Vendor Management experience or familiarity
- Strategic thinking coupled with creativity to help solve business critical problems.
- Creativity in problem resolution and development of improvement strategies
- Experience and strong familiarity with in-house office operations, matter management systems and other legal technology products
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with automation and efficiency applications
- Familiarity with leading work using Agile methodology
- Strong software skills including competency in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- College Degree preferred
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity
- Placement in this position requires approval of the Vice President Operations