Project Associate- Regulatory and Legal Support (22208)
- Confirm control evaluation details and compile business specific documentation
- Determine whether key controls are or will be effective at reducing or mitigating operational risk
- Review the documentation of the control, conduct a walkthrough of the associated control
- Assess the control against defined control design criteria (e.g., adequacy and completeness)
- Determine whether the control operates to a level of repeatable precision
- Determine control performance, and develop and execute test scripts
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes, risk management, internal controls, and related regulatory and compliance standards
- Identify and evaluate business and related regulatory risks and internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for business process and control improvement
- Use problem solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify business process improvements and regulatory control deficiencies, and evaluate their risk implications
- Perform business process assessments and business process mapping, including developing, implementing, and providing credible challenge for compliance and risk management processes and controls to identify, assess, and mitigate risks across lines of business
- Design and/or provide input to design of controls to align with business processes and regulatory requirements
- Understand systems and tools for business process mapping and internal control design and management
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to analyze, design, and/or implement business processes and controls
- Understand client's business environments and basic risk management approaches
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
Project associates for this role must have strong knowledge of risk related controls and business processes.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or related discipline; or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year of risk management experience or 1 year of business process management experience
- Demonstrate MS office proficiency (including Excel and PowerPoint), problem solving & analytical skills, and strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong orientation toward regulatory risk and control assessments, including experience identifying and designing controls
- Experience with regulatory compliance, operational risk management, business process design, internal and/or external audit, control evaluation, and testing and validation (at least one category, preferably more).
- Experience assessing and reviewing business processes and risk related controls using risk management systems (including issue management, monitoring, process automation)
- Technical proficiency and ability to learn new systems and technology enablement tools.
- Knowledge of process mapping
- Knowledge of risk controls design and performance
- Proactive, time-management skills, able to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, manage ambiguity, and work independently or as part of a team with professionals of all levels
- Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Business Process Professional (CBPP)
- Experience in Lean, Agile, or Six Sigma