Senior, Legal Entity Management (15421)
- Assisting with corporate secretarial management, public notary and maintenance of corporate records, including minute books and Board resolutions.
- Assisting with planning and preparation for Board of Directors' and stockholders' meetings.
- Assisting with formation, maintenance, and dissolution of legal entities, including legal entity corporate compliance activities, such as annual meetings, appointment of directors and officers, powers of attorney, annual reports, document preparation, etc.
- Working effectively with individuals across the company to obtain necessary information and communicate the importance of accurate and timely reporting.
Legal Business Services is a service line within Deloitte Tax LLP that collaborates and works closely with other Deloitte business units, including Deloitte Advisory and Deloitte Consulting. As a part of the Deloitte network of member firms that spans many countries with thousands of professionals, Deloitte brings global perspectives and deep market and industry knowledge. Today's multinational organizations need advisors who can assist them with day-to-day and life event legal business services across a multidisciplinary skillset. Deloitte has a long-standing reputation for helping clients navigate complex, cross-border issues. Deloitte's US firms do not practice law or provide legal advice.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Legal Studies, or other business-related fields
- 2+ years of relevant legal/legal entity management experience, corporate legal secretarial experience, or alternative legal service industry experience
- Experience with legal technology and its application in the legal entity management space or in the contract lifecycle management field
- Experience with Microsoft Office and other technology skills including, but not limited to, Excel, PPT, Visio, Power BI, Tableau
- Travel up to 50% (While up to 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or must be able/willing to obtain (please note these accreditations are only applicable for this role; a different accreditation may be needed for other roles within the organization):
- Licensed Attorney (or their foreign equivalents)
- Paralegal Certification with a 4-year degree
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- Individuals without the academic credentials to qualify for CPA certification require an advanced degree in the Legal profession or a relevant industry certification
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Attorneys barred in a US jurisdiction are preferred
- Aptitude and commitment to continue to learn various IT platforms and additional software skills
- Experience with commercial contract law, i.e. key contract clauses/issues such as indemnification, limitation of liability, warranties, etc.
- Lean Six-Sigma and/or Project Management Professional certification