Associate Legal Counsel (R452800)
Who we want
Collaborative Partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
Business-oriented evaluators. People who effectively interpret information to demonstrate the effects of business initiatives, regulation and industry trends for sales, management and leadership teams.
Effective communicators. People who can interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams.
Network builders. People who build connections with other teams and divisions and coordinate cross-functional collaboration.
This position can be based out of remote office in the US but with a strong preference to be located near our Redmond, WA Stryker facility.
What you will do
The Associate Legal Counsel, Emergency Care will proactively handle a broad range of legal and compliance matters associated with the Emergency Care business. Under minimal supervision, the Legal Counsel will work with the business and functional units on a broad range of matters on legal and compliance issues consistent with laws, regulations and Stryker policies. The Legal Counsel will also work closely with Division Counsel on a variety of legal and strategic business issues, including but not limited to medical device regulations, data privacy, competition law, anti-corruption / anti-bribery laws, liability avoidance, sales, marketing and research related issues.
- Independently draft, edit, review, and negotiate various types of agreements, including Sales, Services, Supply, Distribution, Consulting, Clinical Study, Non-Disclosure, and other commercial agreements, in a manner that manages business and legal risk, while effectively supporting internal and external customers in a timely manner and fast-paced environment
- Provide time-sensitive, solutions-oriented strategic support to internal and external stakeholders, which could have a large financial impact on the company
- Provide timely advice and counsel to clients
- Provide accurate information and research to a supervisor regarding laws and regulations
- Review advertising and marketing materials for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and company policies
- Work with outside counsel
- Build and maintain strong relationships with sales, finance, operations, and other key stakeholders across the decentralized organization
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Stryker Emergency Care product lines, competitive environment, and customers to better support functional initiatives and provide recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Identify system or process improvements that increase efficiency and reduce cost
- Provide support related to the development of in-house training and education
- Follow and educate others on internal processes
- Assist with other matters as needed
What you will need
- Law degree and admission to practice law
- Minimum 3 years applicable professional experience; prior professional experience considered
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage numerous projects and conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment
- Must exercise discretion and maintain confidential information
- Possesses communication skills and ability sufficient to convey basic legal concepts clearly and concisely
- Provides advice to others
- Demonstrates good judgment and professional demeanor
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Supports change in a dynamic environment
- Possesses analytical and drafting skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to integrity and accountability
- Ability to allocate resources effectively
- Demonstrates proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite