Legal Internship Forward Track (LIFT) Summer 2022 Internship ( 577835-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As part of Verizon’s Legal Internship Forward Track Program, VZ LIFT, for 1Ls, you’ll be working with the best in your field. This program introduces interns to the complex nature of in-house legal practice at Verizon.
Right from the start you’ll contribute to meaningful projects in our in-house legal department. You will use your drive and enthusiasm to contribute to and learn about the diverse areas of law covered by our corporate legal department. What you learn will help you grow professionally and personally.
After the internship is successfully completed, you’ll become part of our Intern Alumni Network, with benefits like mentorship touch-bases, exposure to top law firms and inclusion in our annual alumni events.
In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Support negotiations with large enterprise customers by drafting documents such as contract amendments.
- Review and draft provisions for our technology and software sourcing contracts.
- Participate in business sales and marketing meetings.
- Research and summarize legal developments and/or case law in practice areas such as Real Estate, Product Development, M&A, Compliance, Labor and Employment, IP, Tax and Privacy.
- Contribute to projects that relate to state and/or federal regulatory issues affecting the communications industry.
- Produce written work product subject to our confidentiality restrictions.
- You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in other roles and locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings as well in order to be considered.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you’re always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Current enrollment as a first-year student in a full-time law degree program with a grad date between December 2023 and June 2024.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in Irving, TX.
Even better if you have:
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in the legal profession (e.g., through membership in affinity groups, academic coursework, extra curricular and volunteer activities, etc).
- Demonstrated strong verbal, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated independent thinking, relationship management, and attention to detail.
- Analytical and leadership skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.