Legal Service Consultant - Telecommute in Multiple Locations (107263138)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization.
Positions in this function provide assistance and support to the legal staff by gathering information, researching the law, preparing opinions and legal documents, and resolving disputes. Researches statutes, regulations, and court decisions and prepares summaries of findings for attorneys. Conducts factual investigations and evaluates legal risk. Coordinates with internal partners, external customers, and internal clients on a variety of legal issues.
If you are located within Minnetonka, Philadelphia, or Horsham, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat (form use and creation)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certificate
- Experience working as a paralegal supporting corporate and/or litigation attorneys
- Experience in the healthcare industry (or other highly regulated industry)
- Solid organizational and time management skills, with demonstrable experience independently managing workload of multiple competing deadlines and priorities
- Comfort with uncertainty, with ability to proactively navigate a complex and heavily matrixed organization to effect results
- Sound judgment and interpersonal agility to collaborate effectively with all individuals and teams
- Developer/supporter of innovative approaches
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to coordinate projects
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Legal Service Consultant , Paralegal, Legal Services, Minnetonka, Philadelphia, Horsham, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote