Legal Services Consultant - Telecommute (109857893)
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Researches and maintains familiarity with applicable laws, regulations, and other requirements of federal and state-based Independent Dispute Resolution (IDR) matters; serves as a key internal resource on complex and/or critical IDR issues; represents Legal Department on internal IDR business teams and projects
- With general attorney supervision, prepares federal and state-specific IDR briefs, rebuttals and responses to inquiries
- May negotiate, prepare, manage, and maintain pre-arbitration settlement agreements
- Reviews relevant documents (e.g., IDR briefs, arbiter opinions)
- Identifies, tracks, analyzes, and summarizes relevant IDR data and issues including, but not limited to, win/loss rates, adverse party briefing, arbiter opinions, and opportunities to refine UHC’s briefs; provides updates, as appropriate, to in-house attorneys and internal clients including, but not limited to the Healthcare Economics, Data Science, Network Programs, Network, and Regulatory Affairs teams; identifies and pursues opportunities for collaboration with these and other teams
- Supports the development and maintenance of a content library used in preparation of IDR submissions
- Assists with reports on IDR matters for internal and external us
- Creates legal-related tools/guidelines/process documents related to IDR to educate others as necessary
- Monitors and communicates (as needed) IDR deadlines to in-house attorneys and others
- Manages internal IDR processes and procedures
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a demanding, fast-paced, fluid environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently while maintaining high standards and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Westlaw or LEXIS, iManage, and SharePoint
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Legal Services Consultant, Legal Services, Consultant, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote