Accounting Policy Consultant
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Accounting Policy Consultant will be primarily responsible for the completion of research and documentation for technical accounting assessments and Verizon accounting policy matters.
- Researching accounting issues and prepare accounting documentation to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Reviewing and providing technical guidance for material transactions and complex accounting issues.
- Establishing, maintaining and supporting compliance with company-wide accounting policies.
- Researching emerging accounting and reporting issues and prepare and submit comment letters on behalf of the Company.
- Working to develop solutions to accounting / disclosure issues and identify possible solutions.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with individuals across the business as needed to resolve accounting and reporting issues and open items.
- Serving as key contact to the external auditors and assisting in fulfilling audit requests.
- Developing and presenting technical accounting training sessions to accounting and finance employees.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in working in public accounting or SEC reporting experience.
- CPA certification.
- Knowledge of US-GAAP and SEC requirements and accounting practices.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines in compressed time periods.
- Knowledge of the complexities of a large global company.
- Ability to operate within a matrix environment.
- Experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.