Legal Program and Project Management Consultant ( 580339-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is seeking an experienced project manager to assist attorneys in supporting a range of compliance and governance matters for the business unit serving global enterprise, small and medium business, and public sector customers (Verizon Business Group, or VBG). You, who will report to the Senior Managing Associate General Counsel for VBG compliance, should have excellent judgment and the ability to work with colleagues across the Legal Department and the business to help ensure that Verizon complies with all applicable laws and policies and acts with the highest ethical standards.
- Provide project management support for a range of internal compliance initiatives, investigations, and audits relating to privacy, information security, and other compliance areas.
- Help develop compliance frameworks, communications, and training for key compliance mandates affecting VBG.
- Support attorneys and other stakeholders in managing compliance investigations.
- Research and provide analysis of contract terms in connection with privacy, incident response, and other compliance areas.
- Assist with a broad range of customer inquiries, including responses to data and audit requests.
- Handle a variety of internal inquiries (including via mailbox or feedback form) regarding compliance obligations and processes.
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Work experience at a law firm or in a government or corporate position.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Project management skills, including the ability to juggle multiple projects at once.
- A proven ability to work independently on projects (including coming up with creative solutions and ways to resolve obstacles), often under deadline.
- A proven ability to identify, analyze, and summarize contracts and other legal documents.
- Strong time management skills and careful attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- A keen interest in developing a deep understanding of Verizon’s business.
- Data analysis and technical skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).