We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture. We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more! Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
The position is classified as a hybrid role, meaning that the work arrangement calls for hours in the office and virtually. Everyone in a hybrid role is required to spend some time in the office. Work arrangements could change over time based on business needs. Located on W Pennsylvania Ave in Towson, MD we enjoy an active, busy civil trial practice. We provide a congenial, team-oriented professional work environment with skilled support staff.
Barritt Peterson Jr. & Associates, insurance staff counsel for State Farm Insurance Companies, is seeking a legal secretary with civil defense litigation experience to join our Baltimore office located in Towson, MD. Candidates must be detail-oriented, adaptable, resourceful, and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to calendar/scheduling depositions, mediations, and hearings, electronic filing with the courts, drafting routine correspondence, motions, pleadings, and subpoenas, and processing incoming/outgoing mail. Required work hours are 8:30 AM-5:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- 3-5 years of civil defense litigation secretarial experience preferably in the area of insurance defense
- Proficiency in software technology, tools, and case management software
- E-Filing experience with court system including MDEC
- Knowledge of legal and medical terminology, local and state rules regarding pleadings and pre-trial matters, deadlines, and filing requirements
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity