We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits , locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
James F. Butler & Associates, insurance staff counsel for State Farm Insurance Companies, is seeking an Arbitration Paralegal with 1-10 years legal experience to join the No Fault/PIP Team in our Jericho, NY office. The paralegal will be responsible for managing a high volume caseload of PIP arbitration matters in a fast paced environment providing high quality work. The arbitration paralegal will be responsible for reviewing AR-1 submissions, preparing conciliations, reviewing medical records, appearing for AAA hearings, and drafting reports. The most qualified candidates will possess outstanding research abilities, written and oral advocacy skills, and will be well organized, detail oriented and have the ability to independently manage a busy, time-sensitive caseload
- 1-10 years of No-Fault paralegal experience preferably in insurance defense or personal injury environment
- Ability to draft pleadings, routine motions, discovery, and legal memoranda
- Familiarity with Court and American Arbitration Association rules and procedures
- Experience with discovery process
- Understanding of medical terminology and records
- Understanding of internet information resources and software applications with the ability to develop greater automation expertise
- Paralegal degree, certificate, and/or paralegal education
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work opportunity