Senior Paralegal ( R-00049815 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
The Mega 4 Litigation Support Team at Leidos currently supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in Washington, DC has an opening for a Senior Paralegal to work in a downtown Washington, DC DOJ office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Department of Justice achieve their mission.
We are a fast-paced group tasked to provide innovative solutions by utilizing technologies that are defensible, efficient, and that present our customers with the knowledge they need to defend their positions. We enjoy a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of the Leidos organization. We are customer-obsessed and always strive to provide the best professional experience while driving the most value for Leidos.
- Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
- Hours of operation: 8 hour days to be worked between the hours of 8am and 6pm Eastern Time.
- Works under the direction of a Project Supervisor OR Supervisory Paralegal.
- Conducts database research as outlined by a Government paralegal or attorney onsite at a Government Agency.
- Engages in a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to those calling for judgment and independent initiative.
- Provides research and litigation support to attorneys.
- Assists with document review, maintaining case files, preparing filings for the court, privilege review, deposition summaries, and preparing exhibits/binders for depositions and trial.
- Assists attorneys in courtroom.
- Assists attorneys in preparing for all phases of litigation, including pretrial discovery, motions, hearings, and trial.
- Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.
Verifies case citations and legal references, develops tables of contents and tables of authorities for briefs, and ensures that formats of documents to be filed with the court meet applicable court requirements.
- Requires sound working knowledge of legal system and legal principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, OR equivalent experience/combined education.
- Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, and spreadsheets.
- Requires paralegal certificate. An equivalent level of legal training or experience may be substituted with the approval of the COR.
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very helpful.
- Automated litigation support experience valued.
- Must have basic legal knowledge, including knowledge of standard legal citation to cite check legal motions and memorandum and must have sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
- Relativity experience.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:SCA ParalegalPay Range: