Senior Paralegal ( R-00053991 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Paralegal to work on-site in support of the Civil Rights Division in Washington, DC. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
Be part of a dynamic team in providing legal and technical services to support the Department of Justice. From emails and instant messages, to electronic devices, and social media systems, we’re equipped to meet the challenge of forensically capturing, reviewing, and illuminating the “smoking gun” evidence. Join us and make a difference!
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
- Works under the direction of a Supervisory Paralegal.
- Work products are reviewed prior to submission; however, often develops these products with minimal direct supervision other than written guidelines.
- Performs moderately complex legal research; synopsizes transcripts of hearings and oral arguments for attorney use.
- Reviews case related materials and, for example, identifies potentially conflicting statements or areas requiring further investigation.
- Writes preliminary drafts of simple legal memoranda and correspondence.
- Contact with other Contractor staff, and with trial staff.
Please Note: Travel requirement up to 60%.
Must be able to work onsite 5 days a week in Washington, DC (once temporary Pandemic Remote work is over OR when asked to return in the office).
- Requires paralegal certificate.
- At least two years of litigation paralegal experience required; trial experience very extremely helpful.
- At least one year of experience in automated litigation support.
- Requires sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, imaging, and hardware systems.
- Role also requires hands-on familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.External Referral Bonus:IneligiblePotential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:Yes, 50% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:SCA ParalegalPay Range: