Supervisor of Clinic Ops - Golden, CO
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for supervising and coordinating staff and clinic activities to provide quality, cost-effective care. Responsible for supporting the patient through excellent customer service while achieving financial goals. The position works closely with the provider leads and management team to optimize patient flow and eliminate potential front/back-office barriers. Ensures the overall competency of assigned staff and maintains facility compliance with Federal and State regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provide supervision to department staff, works independently, and collaborate with Physician leadership on relevant clinical issues
- Recruit and retain talented staff and ensure proper training, resource allocation and develop standards to monitor and evaluate staff performance
- Implement and maintain clinical and business policies and procedures.
- Ensures customer satisfaction within the clinic sites and resolves patient issues
- Accountable to ensure strict adherence to policies/procedures related to financial integrity of co-pays, charge entry, Standard Work development and maintenance, etc.
- Facility planning and overall facility maintenance
- Analyze monthly metrics relating to customer services, access and achievement of financial goals and objectives; develop and implement operational changes based on metrics
- Monitor, manage and ensure that provider and clinic empanelment is accurate
- Educate staff and providers on monthly metrics, glide paths, goals, and areas for improvements
- Contribute to the development of short and long-term business planning, then ensure plans are executed
- Accountable for achievement of clinical and business compliance and licensures for labs, staff, and requirements for regulatory compliance
- Ssafety functions in clinics and ensures completion of safety training and proper orientation for new employees
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School degree, GED or equivalent experience
- 2+ years office management experience
- 1+ years in a healthcare organization
- Understanding of process flows regarding service levels, cash handling and collections
- Knowledge of organization policies and procedures, computer applications, including intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Excellent leadership skills to include strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate data
- Ability to work independently, lead and motivate staff
- Prior experience managing a primary care clinic
- Ability to meet all health requirements prior to employment and periodically thereafter, as required by company policy and state regulations
- Ability to physically perform assigned job duties
- Fiscal management and human resource management techniques and practices
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.