Intake Supervisor - Remote
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that can definitely come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: WellMed Medical Management - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
WellMed Medical Management helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
This position is full-time, primarily Monday - Friday with weekend work. Employees are required to be able to support our business 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Shift times will be CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Supervises the daily workflow and scheduling of inbound claim customer service representatives
- Compiles data and analyzes inbound ACD reports for key metrics
- Monitors individual performance through the review and analysis of operational reports
- Conducts quality monitoring to ensure accuracy of information provided to customers and quality of customer service
- Receives and resolves customer complaints in a timely and courteous manner and assists with incoming calls when need arises
- Serves as a technical subject matter expert and trains, coaches and develops new-hire employees
- Coaching and counseling employees to perform work to the high standards expected within the department
- Supports staffing initiatives by screening, interviewing and selecting new employees for current job vacancies
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in a call center operating environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to work any shift during 24-hour business day. All times are CST
- Must work 12:30pm-9:30pm CST
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Experience with TruCare, Ika, Nexidia and NICE Engaged
- 3+ years of experience in Medicare Advantage, Part D (MAPD) operations
- 3+ years of experience in a call center operating environment
- 1+ years of experience in a call center supervisory capacity
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $45,100 to $80,200. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $49,800 to $88,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.