Regional Account Manager - St. Louis, MO
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Regional Account Manager, Autoimmune/Gastrointestinal is expected to develop and execute a territory sales plan, develop sales targets, close sales, coordinate sales efforts with strategic manufacturing and distribution partners, support the needs of the medical practice clients. This role will call on Rheumatologists, Dermatologists, and Gastroenterologists while generating new referrals. Participate in company sales planning, meetings, and reporting as its relates to specialty medications and therapy management. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of achieving results, building relationships, customer focus, and promoting all sales and marketing programs. Job will require occasional evening and weekend event attendance and some intrastate travel.
- Develop territory sales plan
- Research and identify sales targets
- Use consultative sales process, probe for customer information and barriers
- Develop creative solutions to gain profitable business
- Creates relationships with manufacturers
- Close sales
- Serve needs of medical practice accounts and solve issues
- Manage territory T&E and customer related expenses
- Travel 25% with occasional evening or weekend event participation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 2+ years of experience in medical device, B2B or specialty pharmacy sales
- Proven track record of sales success
- Proficient use of Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master's MBA or professional health care degree
- Autoimmune, Multiple Sclerosis, Oncology or Gastroenterology therapy sales experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.