Account Manager Pharmacist Clinical Consultant, Coalitions - Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You're looking for something bigger for your career. How about inventing the future of health care? OptumRx is creating an innovative approach to Pharmacy Benefit Management. Here you'll find a professional culture where you can use your talent and our resources to make an impact on a huge scale. With better schedules than retail and more reach than any hospital, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
The Account Manager Pharmacist / Clinical Consultant will lead and manage ongoing contract relationships and pharmacy benefit analysis and consultation delivery to clients. Collaborate in development of strategy as outward - facing, dedicated resources for assigned accounts, typically with direct client contact for large / complex accounts. Builds client relationships and serves as primary point of contact for overall and day - to - day service delivery for clinical pharmacy needs. Represents client(s) internally and coordinates with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing pharmacy service needs. The Clinical Consultant serves as the primary liaison between OptumRx clinical operations, professional practice, and clinical products and the consultant’s assigned client base. The role provides clinical support for OptumRx account management, operations, information technology, and other internal departments. This individual is relied upon to provide proactive clinical recommendations, information regarding pharmacy trend, programs, and industry changes to clients and to foster consultative relationships.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Collaborates with clients to establish achievable but aggressive clinical program goals, including generic dispensing rate improvements, implementation of utilization management programs, improvement in medication adherence rates, improvements in therapy gaps for key chronic disease states, formulary compliance targets, and HEDIS and NCQA measures
- Provides superior clinical consultation and clinical account management with a focus on client satisfaction, client retention, and trend management
- Comprehends and effectively explains formulary and clinical program changes to clients
- Stays aware of and provides clinical market intelligence to clients
- Provides education for clients, pharmacists, members, and physicians per contractual requirements
- Communicates drug information to clients and responds to plan - specific clinical inquiries
- Formulates and delivers client recommendations based on available data
- Identifies opportunities for clinical program up - sell
- Makes clinically sound recommendations to clients based on trend
- Routinely collaborates with account management to provide clinical aspects of client quarterly reviews
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate treatment and practice guidelines into client presentations including up - selling opportunities
- Effectively manages client objections to new programs and required changes
- Manages / Facilitates custom P&T committees for select clients
- Analyzes and interprets benefit designs
- Facilitates ongoing maintenance of client custom formulary and utilization management updates
- Clearly communicates analytical and reporting needs to supporting departments
- Identifies and creates opportunities to manage trend and add OptumRx products
- Supports sales and marketing including participating in sales activities, as needed based on criteria
- Helps clients be competitive within their market
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency
- Mentors clinical coordinators, as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Pharm D
- Current and unrestricted Pharmacist license
- 3+ years of experience working as a licensed pharmacist
- Experience working for a PBM and / or Health Plan in a client-facing role with external clients (beyond patients and prescribers)
- Experience developing and delivering formal presentations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Clinical account management experience
- Experience working with complex Coalition clients with complex benefit structures
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.