Field Account Manager - Minnetonka, MN
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The KA Field Account Manager is the “field-based Service Owner” responsible for the customer’s (Benefit Manager) total service experience with UnitedHealthcare. This includes serving as the key liaison between the customer and the Central Service team, trending/monitoring of service issue resolution, and education for the customer and their employees. They will address any escalated issues sent to them, the SAE, or other field employee. They will work with the central team and their manager to coordinate resolution; this position will not handle first-level service issues The KA Field Account Manager will meet with customers quarterly (or more often if requested) to review service-related statistics including ideas for improving or enhancing the customer’s total service experience. In this position, a major role will be to conduct training/education with customers on UHC eServices and other eTools as appropriate. The KA Field Account Manager will also be responsible for conducting open enrollment meetings or coordinating coverage with other offices or a vendor if they are not available. In addition, the role will be responsible for training customers on UnitedHealthcare’s core wellness tools and resources, as well as communicating various administrative/service-related changes to the customer (ie; network or pharmacy preferred drug changes. This position reports to the local field market Director of Account Management.
The KA Field Account Manager will generally handle a mix of small to mid-size, standard/non-standard customers (ie: Fully and ASO, under 1000 groups)
- Own the service experience of customers at the field level by working with the Central Service Team and other matrix partners as required to ensure issues are resolved promptly and accurately meeting the customer’s expectations
- Develop and maintain solid relationship with internal partners in Centralized Service Team to manage customer service experience
- Fully accountable for supporting the SAE in facilitating resolution of all elevated customer service requests by working with the Centralized Service Team, and conducting customer consultations as required
- Facilitate customer meetings with the Central Service Team regularly to assess trends and keep abreast of any escalating issues and service trends
- Maintain and provide customer information to the SAE/Analyst on service trends, myuhc adoption, eServices adoption, wellness initiatives, and improvement opportunities, etc.
- Conduct meetings with customers to identify issues/trends and analyze root causes to determine corrective action steps
- Participate/support new business and finalist presentations to represent service experience or coordinate attendees from other service related areas to support SAE/AE
- Establish and maintain solid and appropriate relationships with customers to maintain persistency
- Establish and maintain Broker/Consultant relationship as needed, but primarily with customer
- Coordinate ordering of enrollment materials/directories for customers
- Coordinate resolution of pre-implementation service and eligibility issues with Implementation Management Organization
- Coordinate implementation activities such as processing transitional care cases
- Conduct enrollment meetings and customer sponsored health fairs for assigned customers (and as needed for multisite requests from other offices)
- Coordinate and deliver billing reconciliations to customers (Quarterly, Annually, or as appropriate for the customer type/size)
- Demonstrate a high level of healthcare industry knowledge as well as the customer’s specific industry
- Perform other assignments and responsibilities as required by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years work experience in customer service role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Willingness to travel up to 50% locally
- Bachelor’s degree
- Insurance license as required by law or willingness to obtain upon hire
- 3+ years health care industry experience
- Experience which demonstrates the ability to work with employers, consumers, consultants, brokers
- Ability to demonstrate superior presentation skills in both small and large group settings
Competencies and Best Practice for High
- Performance Driven: Delivers exceptional performance; strives to achieve stretch objectives; focuses on results, not efforts
- Top-Performing Employees Are Our Greatest Asset: Fosters a competitive environment and serves as a role model to other employees. Self motivated; maintains a high level of work quality, focuses on detail and is dependable in meeting commitments and fulfilling obligations
- Build Value to Customers: Builds and strengthens customer relationships; finds better ways to meet customer needs; acts ethically, maintaining the highest personal and professional integrity. Supports the overall objectives of the primary SAE
- Accountability Through Matrix Management: Works effectively within the matrix, promoting trust and communications across the business segments; collaboratively builds solid relationships. Solid interpersonal skills; networks outside and inside the organization and builds positive relationships with key individuals and groups
- Organizational and Personal Influencing Skills: Creates, builds, and maintains relationships that enhance the performance of the business, including those outside direct control. Obtains commitments from individuals or groups to ensure organization success. Ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.