Supervisor, Advanced Practitioner - Tulsa, OK
$10,000 Sign-on Bonus for external candidates
Careers at Landmark, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. At Landmark, we work to deliver high quality, comprehensive care to chronically ill patients wherever they reside and whenever they need it. We focus on doing what’s right for the people we serve, even when it’s not easy. This is your opportunity to be part of a compassionate team that is setting out to change health care for complex, chronic patients. We’re looking for driven people like you because changing the status quo takes dedication. Here, we’ll invest in your personal and professional growth while giving you a unique opportunity to make a difference. Helping people feel their best is a rewarding part of doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health, and other employed team members.
Join Landmark to be part of a growing company full of purpose-driven, action-oriented, and compassionate team members working to dramatically transform healthcare for our communities.
Advanced Practice Supervisors (APS) are primarily responsible for providing direct medical care to patients served by Landmark Health. Additional APS responsibilities may include (i) supplemental physician pod lead support, (ii) managing market-level performance toward quality, documentation, productivity goals, and (iii) other responsibilities assigned by the market medical director. While all direct clinical supervision and documented clinical oversight must be conducted by a physician, APS may act as an extension of the physician pod leader, facilitating (i) panel management, (ii) regular 1:1s with APPs and delegated content for performance reviews, (iii) administrative support such as schedule management. Alternatively, APS may be accountable for market-level documentation and HEDIS performance (i.e. non-medical chart reviews focused on documentation, educating teams on documentation and coding best practices, and coaching low performing team members). APS will be given 0.5 days of admin time per week.
- Documentation and HEDIS subject matter expert accountable for market-level documentation and HEDIS performance. Conduct chart reviews focused on documentation, educate teams on documentation and coding best practices, and coach low performing team members
- Clinical intermediary between Clinical QA/coding teams and the market, helping operationalize new processes and identify charts for physician medical chart review
- Assist physician pod leaders with operations related support such as panel management, regular 1:1s with APPs and delegated performance reviews, and administrative support such as schedule management (PTO approval, territory realignment, and call coverage schedule)
- Participate in talent recruitment efforts including interviews, job fairs, and ride-alongs as needed
- Support APP onboarding in conjunction with the Landmark OWL program, including chart reviews related to APP documentation efficiency and compliance with operational best practices
- Coordinate with physician leadership to formulate provider meeting agenda and content
- Suggest innovation recommendations to MLT to enhance the delivery of the Landmark model of care within local clinical landscape
- Develop solid relationships with other APPs, representing the group to the MLT bidirectionally to ensure high quality care, satisfactory job performance and further clinical initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by the Market Medical Director
- Reports directly to the Market Medical Director
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Managing complex medical and psychosocial issues related to advanced serious illness. Knows when to seek additional assistance from subject matter experts/ specialists
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Knows how to manage patient at home addressing symptoms and psychosocial issues in compliance with patient goals. Understands how to evaluate patients to understand where they are on their illness trajectory. Helps patient and family to anticipate upcoming issues
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict; maintains confidentiality; listens to others; keeps emotions under control and overcomes resistance when necessary; remains open to new ideas Ability to reassure, de-escalate, normalize complex situations using empathy and advocacy
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Computer Skills - Some knowledge of Windows 2000 and MS Office applications. Ability to work with different EMRs and patient information platforms, read and understand spreadsheets
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification; responds openly to questions. Must be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability/Accountability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed; generates suggestions for improving work and workflow
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- APP currently licensed to practice without restriction in the state of practice and has met or exceeded all the credentialing requirements
- Access to reliable transportation; if you are driving a vehicle, you must comply with all the terms of the Landmark Motor Vehicle Safety Policy
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years APP (NP/PA) clinical experience, preferably in a home-based or value-based care setting. Recognized as a high performing APP by market goals and standards
- Experience in coaching members of the health care team to provide excellent care or, if needed, determine deficiencies in care and formulate a plan for improvement
- Current in the knowledge of Medicare contracts and systems, geriatrics, utilization management, quality management (HCC and ICD-10 codes as related to billing practices), managed care principals and new clinical developments and technologies
- Regular requirement to sit; use hands to touch, handle or feel
- Regular requirement to talk and listen
- Occasional requirement to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms
- Occasional requirement to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to travel by plane or car
- Noise level is usually moderate
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis (“Internal Candidates”) are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.